Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall Photos from the Aumumn of Life

In the past few years I have tried to avoid mirrors as much as possible.  It seems every time I pass a glance at one I am more and more startled by the inevitable.  I am growing older and it's beginning to show at an alarmingly accelerated pace.  Looks is just one thing, but I'm beginning to feel it in my bones and joints, especially as the warm days of summer turn into the cooler days of autumn.  I know, I'm not alone and I certainly would not want to change places with anyone I know.  In fact I am abundantly blessed and very thankful to be in good health and able to accomplish the things I need to do and even most of the things I truly want to do.  Nonetheless,  I've been a little concerned that Iris and I have not had a picture of just the two us taken in quite some time, at least a picture that we might want to frame.  I decided that if it was ever going to be, it would need to be soon.  Accordingly one day when Alison was at our place visiting for a while, we asked her if she'd consider coming on this past Sunday evening and  go up to the Temple with us and take some pictures of us on the grounds of that beautiful edifice which has come to be such a very important part of our lives.  As always, Alison is always ready to lend a helping hand.  She also has some skill with a camera and a good eye for memorable pictures and poses, We spent about an hour on the Temple grounds.  The flowers are still beautiful and the leaves on the trees are beginning to take on their autumn hues.  The sky was slightly overcast for which we were grateful.  We would thus be less prone to squinting and spoiling an otherwise good pose.  Unfortunately my white mop of hair and my receding hairline still picked up more light than we would have liked on some of the pictures.  I wish I could say it was caused by some special aura of goodness and purity, but I'm sure this phenomenon is strictly in accordance with the laws of nature.
 
I'm going to share just a few of the pictures Alison took.  We love our daughter and appreciate her willingness to take time out of her busy schedule to come and take pictures of us.  I know it was asking the near impossible for her to take good pictures of us, but I think she succeeded in spite of the difficulty of her challenge today.  Thanks, Alison!!!



 
At least half of each of these pictures is very pretty.  I do love my wife and count my blessings to have been able to share all these years with her and to be blessed with such a wonderful and loving family.  We were sealed in the Logan Temple many years ago and now we have returned and are being blessed once again to work there, feel of the special spirit and to be associated with the wonderful people who come and go each day.

3 comments:

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Great pictures! They look wonderful.

Alison Daugs said...

I think they turned out great. I thought at least a dozen or more were REALLY GOOD. I posted them on FB for all to see ~~~! Everyone loved them and you.

meegz said...

You guys look great. Love you.