Monday, December 28, 2015

Winter Wonderland

In spite of the cold and lowering atmosphere that seemed to prevail today, my wanderings took me to some more of nature's beauties. One truly need not look long to recognize the hand of a Higher Being in the changes from night to day or from autumn to winter and on to an awaited warming in one eternal round. I am thankful for the moisture the recent storm has brought, for the beauty of the changing seasons, and maybe even more particularly that I am not a wild duck or a goose finding my next meal in a nearly frozen pond and spending the night outside in the cold instead of in a nice warm home under my electric blanket. I shudder to think of how my arthritic bones might feel if I had to change places with these beautiful creatures for even one night. I will continue counting our blessings.

No comments: