Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Visit with Alison and Ammon's Family

Alison invited us out to their place after church meetings for dinner.  As always they had a wonderful
Sunday dinner prepared for us. Ammon and Alison work together as a team and they not only provided us with a good meal, but a good time also.  We always appreciate Ada, Avery, and Addison.  They always seem to want us to come and we enjoy being around and seeing what they do.
This time it was to show us their new "SNOW HOUSE", carefully dug into a large snow pile, made of snow which had been removed from their drive way etc.  It's kind of like the one we have in our front yard.  We just haven't gotten around to creating our own "SNOW HOUSE". I guess I'm afraid Grandma might make me sleep in it.  Brrrr!!! Just the thoughts of it makes me chill.  These are fun activities for the kids though and will make good memories of home.  Below are just a couple of pictures.

Home, Sweet, Home for Ada and Avery, well, at least for a few minutes.  I'm so glad they don't have to live in an igloo.

Alison and Ada making cookies in the kitchen after dinner.  I asked Ada how many cookies her mom has made.  Her reply: "About a million."  No wonder they are so good.  Practice makes perfect.

5 comments:

Ada Maria said...

Hi Grandpa and Grandma!!! I had a lot of fun when you came over! Thank you SO much for the blanket! It makes me feel specail and loved. I am glad that you picked me to give it to. you guys are really nice!

Love,
Ada

Alison Daugs said...

Thanks for coming over. You left before the cookies were done though. We will have to bring you some another time. Thanks for making time for us. We aren't very entertaining, but we still love to have you visit.

Love you,
Alison

Las Vegas Area Council BSA said...

I use to love to build snow caves. Do you remember when the one caved in on me at Klonkide and they had to pull me out.

meegz said...

I didn't know you had to be pulled out? Lol

Glad you spent time together- family time is the best!

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Run some of the cookies down here would ya :) We love Alison's cookies too. Looks like a great way to spend Sunday.