Thursday, December 20, 2012

Winter Comes to the Logan River


The first official day of winter has arrived.  We will have a white Christmas.  We got some good heavy, wet snow a few days ago and though the depth of it is now somewhat diminished, the weather has now turned much colder and that will preserve the white Christmas for us, I believe.  Not that it really matters a whole lot.  But I guess it really does add something to the traditional spirit of Christmas.
 
I took a few minutes this after noon and drove up the canyon, just to see the beauty of the new snow in the mountains.  In most places it has melted off the trees, but I found a few spots that were worth taking a picture of. 

The Logan River has a beauty all its own in every season of the year, December 20, 2012.

1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

very beautiful. I love the look, not so much the feel.