Saturday, November 7, 2015

Across the Great Divide

Across the great divide. Our travels took us from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison along US 50 high into the Rocky Mountains and across the Continental Divide at Monarch Crest Pass at 11,312 feet above sea level. It was still October, but the high peaks were covered with a fresh blanket of snow from a few days before. The air was fresh and invigorating. The beauty was so great "I scarce could take it in." And so it continued down through the Valley of the upper Arkansas River. Magnificent country. Oh, how I love the mountains!
Every view brings the words of this song to my mind.
How Great Thou Art
Oh, Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the works thy hand hath made,
I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed;
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

No comments: