Monday, May 25, 2015

Green Hill Reflections

There is a Green Hill far away!
Today, I stood on a green hill over looking my home town, Lanark, Idaho. I had come to pay respects to my parents and others who touched my life for good, whose bodies now lie interned beneath the lush green grass, surrounded by tokens of remembrance, flowers, flags, and epitaphs. My heart filled with gratitude for their love, their labor, and their example, which helped to shape my life. With moist eyes I struggled to control my emotions. Then my mind turned to another "...Green Hill far away, beyond a city wall, where the dear Lord was crucified, who died to save us all."  I looked out again across the valley from the green hill where I stood and silently gave thanks to Him who loosed the bands of death. "I marvel that He should die for one so rebellious and proud as I." May we never forget!
L

No comments: