Sunday, August 11, 2013

Who's That Sleeping in My Bed

We had the blessing of having Ada and Avery stay with us for a couple of days while their parents were gone on vacation.  It is always fun to have them around.  They are always polite and grateful for the time we can spend together.  Several years ago iris found this big stuffed Teddy Bear at a yard sale.  She bought it and since then nearly all of our grandkids have brought it out and played or slept with it while they were visiting us.  It was Ada's turn this week.  She had settled in for the night on our couch with her favorite bear.  I couldn't resist taking a picture.

Earlier we went for little hike.  I guess you could call it that.  Ada had only brought her flip-flops so that kind of limited our choices.  We decided on a leisurely hike around the Denzil Stewart Nature Park.  It is a park that is intended to take people back to a time when the land was undisturbed by
the advances of modern man.   The only changes are a paved sidewalk that goes all the way around the park.  There are also a few interpretive signs and benches when the tired or the elderly can sit and rest if they need to. It's located kind of in the center of Logan near the Logan River. I'll include a couple of pictures of this little hike.



Ada and Avery are close in age and seem to enjoy one another's company.  We enjoyed having them with us.  They are a joy in our lives.  Funny how grandkids tend to do that!!!

2 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

Thanks so much for taking care of my angels. They are blessed to have such great grandparents. Love you much!

Alison Daugs said...

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!! I had a lot of fun on the hike and at the movie. I appreciate you taking me there. I love you!!!




Ada