Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Joyous Surprise

Annika took piano lessons for about two months just before school let out for the summer.  I could tell she seemed to have a knack for it and was happy she was going to take piano lessons.  Then school was out and for one reason or another the lessons were put on the back burner, so to speak, for the summer.  I really didn't give it much more thought until a couple of weeks ago.  I happened to stop by Ryan and Sam's house to see them and the kids.  The kids were playing in their beautiful big yard.  Before I left, Annika came over to me and asked me to come into the house.  She said she wanted me to listen to something.  I went in with her and she took me to the piano in their front room.  She sat on the piano bench and proceeded to play some of the hymns of Zion.  I could hardly believe my ears and was overjoyed by her accomplishment and ability.  She has not let the little lapse in lessons hold her back.  She loves the piano and is learning to play so well already.  I'm sure her teacher will be astonished as well when lessons resume.  She likes to play rather fast and I'm sure her teacher will help her with her timing , but the speed also speaks to the dexterity of her fingers and her mind and fingers coordination.  It will be great to see where her God given gifts will take her as the years go by.

Below, the evidence.  Not bad for a nine year old with two months of formal piano lessons.  I don't know where she got this  musical talent from, but it certainly wasn't from me.


1 comment:

Sam and Ryan said...

Thanks for posting this Dad. We are so glad that you and Mom are so close and that our wonderful children have the opportunity to be around you and to build memories with you. Love ya!