Friday, June 14, 2013

Silent, Secret Acts of Sevice

About an hour before we left home for our Temple duties this afternoon and evening, Alison showed up with Ada and Avery and a bucket of paint.  For some time now we have talked of painting our garage floor and making things look a bit nicer.  Alison, always looking for a way to serve someone, decided to surprise us.  Her original plan was to do it while we were at the Temple.  Then she realized she wouldn't have  way to move the car in the garage and I'm certain she did not want to paint around it.  That sounds like maybe something I might do, not Alison.  Anyway I got to help her do a little prepping before we left and when we got home around ten tonight we had a beautiful, clean new Garage floor.  When it dries, it will be clean enough to eat off from,  not that we will.  At least it will be clean for a while and I'm sure we will try harder to keep things clean and neat out there more now than we have before.  Anyway,  thank you, Alison.  We think you are awesome and that is because you really are and you are constantly on the lookout for something to do for others.  No wonder we LOVE our daughter so much.  You are such a good example to all, especially to you own children. The world would be a wonderful place if everyone was as concerned about others as you are.
 
Below are just a few quick pictures taken before and after.
 
 
Alison goes to work.
Dad joins in for a quick damp mop.
 The finished project as it looked tonight when we arrived home from our temple assignment.
 
THANKS, ALISON!!  WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW.

1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

Happy Father's Day! I hope that it was okay that I kind of take over on some of those projects. I love to work ( must get it from you ) and I love to help those I love. The floor will be nice, but it won't stay nice forever. It IS a garage floor, so we will be sure to touch it up yearly. Thanks for all you do and being the example of service to me. You have taught me and shown me how to serve and I get the reward by doing it. I love you dad. You are the best dad in the world. Enjoy your day!

Remember: Don't drive on your floor until Saturday!!! :)