Sunday, June 30, 2013

Farewell to Kinsey Amanda Happy Birthday Mason

Just ten more days and our oldest granddaughter, Kinsey Amanda, will enter the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah to begin her  eighteen month long stint as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  She just turned nineteen on the 14th of June, so you can see she has been anxiously awaiting this day when she could be a full-time servant of the Lord.  She has a very supportive family and all of us are very pleased about her decision to serve a mission. Kinsey gave an outstanding talk about revelation and it's role in gaining a testimony and serving the Lord. It takes a great deal of courage and faith to be a good missionary, but Kinsey will no doubt measure up to the task.  We look forward to hearing of her activities  and experiences in Sweden.  She will need to learn a new language, but I have no doubt that she will pick up the local language quickly,  She is smart, outgoing, and unafraid.  Couple that with being led by the Spirit and her faith, she will be an outstanding missionary.  We will pray for her and support her in every way we know how.  She will always be on our mind.  We love her and her family very much and are very grateful that they are all apart of our lives.  Nearly all of our family was there to wish her well.  We especially appreciate Philip and MEgan and their sweet kids for making the long trip up from hot Las Vegas to almost as hot Murray, Utah.  All of the family had a good time together at Jared and Shana's place after the services.  My heart is filled with gratitude for our family and for the goodness of their hearts and souls and especially their love for one another and the Lord.  I will certainly continue to count my many blessings.

As usual, I took quite a few pictures, but as I reviewed the photos I'd made, I realized I had missed several of the family.  So as not to leave anyone out on this post I've decided to post just a few pictures.
One of the soon to be missionary and the other of the birthday boy whose birthday just happened to coincide with Kinsey's Farewell.  Happy 14 Mason!!  and Farewell Kinsey!! at least for now.  You will do well as you serve.

Sister Kinsey Amanda Eborn.  The Lord is pleased with your decision to serve him and so are we all.
 Do you think she might be a little excited?
 
 
Mason has turned fourteen.  He is growing tall and if his size thirteen shoes are any indication, he's going to be a gentle giant someday.  He is a good example to us all and especially his adoring sisters. I'm sure his mom and dad are very proud of their firstborn.  We all are!!  Happy Birthday, Mason!!!

2 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

I don't think you have to worry about leaving people out of photos. It's impossible to get everyone and many don't cooperate anyway. I think it is important to have them for history purposes and we should all understand that because someone may not be in a photo doesn't mean that they weren't important. That's too much pressure. I forget to get everyone in my photos, but it's not intentional, so I think it is fine. Photos are a great way to hold memories and if someday you want to print your blogs the more photos, the better. (JUST MY OPINION).

Love ya!

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Kinsey is going to be a great missionary!

I am officially shorter than several of my nieces and nephews now...as well as my own children. I can't believe that this next wave of teenagers has come. Fun times.

Love you,
Short Aunt Rene